Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Cha...Cha....Change...


Big Changes in Piura....well kinda. I will let Aush tell you.

Hola Mommy and Daddy!

Haha well yes transfers were this week and yes I am staying where I am and yes I got a new companion!!! Her name is Hermana Sandison from Twin Falls Idaho!!! I AM SO STOKED! She is literally the best! I am going to have so much fun with her! She is a recent convert for only 1 year! Her testimony is SO STRONG!! She is the only member in her family! I have a lot of respect for her!! She has been here for 8 months! She lived in Ecuador for 3 years so her Spanish is really good! She is very focused on the work and I know with her we can get these investigators baptized!!! She is always so funny and we get a long really well!

As for Hermana Martinez... she got transferred to Tacala. She is now with a Hermana from her group in the CCM! She is very excited. Her area is very poor but she is excited. My last few days with her were bittersweet! I’ve learned a lot of things with her and feel like I have grown as a person and my testimony has been strengthened tremendously! It was time for a change though and I am ready for new experiences. Also I am not mad that I have someone to talk to about things I miss in the US  ha ha.

My investigators are still progressing slowly but I am hoping this week to just re amp everything and just get them to baptism! I am so ready to see them all be baptized! I am not leaving Angamos without baptisms! I think I will only be here this transfer and leave so I am planning on working so so hard!!

This week it rained and rained and rained. Oh also did I mentioned it rained? Now.... People back home.... it wasn’t as bad as the rain we get in the United States. It’s just your typical rainstorms but.... here in Peru there is no such thing as a sewer system so..... all the water piles up in the streets and makes rivers and lakes in the roads. I am blessed in this area to actually have roads. The people in the surrounding areas their roads are only dirt and they are trudging in mud up to their knees! Man it’s been awful here the last few days! It rained the hardest this last Friday and Hermana Martinez and I were walking home and the entire city of Angamos lost power!!! It was seriously pitch black! I was so scared ha ha! It came back on after like 10 minutes! 

I am definitely giving my $20 umbrella its use! Also when it rains we don’t have water. Yes I went without water for 2 days :)))))) I smelled pretty bad. The only good thing about the rain is that it cools down everything at night.

My foot from the cut I got last week is healing fine. I used the antibiotics and it’s going to be okay. It’s going to leave a scar though.

Also we moved to the 3rd floor of the Bishops house! It’s not as nice but it is still one of the nicest in the mission. Why am I being so blessed!?? The other night though there was a BAT!!! Yes a Bat!! It comes every night. It’s pretty scary. We close all the windows but there is a part that doesn’t have windows and it just flies right through. Yikes!!

Well that’s pretty much it for this week! I hope to tell you more about my companion and the investigators next week! 

Love you

Hermana Brown

I know that Aush will miss Hermana Martinez. I am sure that they will be friends for life. Thanks for being such an amazing trainer for our girl!
It's rainin......no its sprinklin.......not it's rainin.....no its sprinklin.....ow....you poked my heart! Blessed rain. It least it makes the nights cooler!
The Wiseman built his house upon the rock and the rains came tumbling down! So glad this girl is on the 3rd floor...hope she does not float away!
Hermana Brown, Xmenia and Herman Martinez

I am looking forward to hearing about Aushlynn's adventures with her new companion Hermana Sandison.....I am sure they are gonna be an awesome team!

No comments:

Post a Comment