Thursday, December 1, 2016

How about a scratch and sniff.....

It was good to hear from Hermana Brown. She will hit the 5 months left mark on Saturday...it will also be 150 days left on that day to....so if that does not satisfy any OCD issues you might have....I don't know what will!!! But it feels really good for me. 

We did not get any emailed pictures this week....but....we did get a letter in the mail...so I took some pictures of pictures for you.....your welcome...also please excuse quality of the pictures..I did my best!

Also a big thank you to Elder Abbott for carrying her letter to Montana and mailing it to us. 

Hey Guys! 

Hello! How is life on that side of the world? A weather update for you, it is officially burning hot where I am. The humidity ups the hottness amp to a 10, so I'm actually kind of dying here. This past week has been a roller coaster so I will just ask that you bear with me ha ha. 

Earlier this week Hermana Glunt and I started out any other Tuesday after p-day hangover and we went throughout our day... and I'm not sure exactly what came over me, but man I was just feeling down. I think it was something along the lines of "How in the world am I qualified to fulfill this assignment, let alone share the gospel, and do all these things.." I was feeling very, very, inadequate. I felt that here I was telling these sisters "You are worth so much to Heavenly Father! He loves you, I know he does. You are enough for him." And yet, I wasn’t listening or hearkening to anything that was coming out of my own mouth. #honestyhour 

The week went on & I was just having this internal battle I was really feeling that I am just Aushlynn Brown, a 20 yr old, from South Jordan Utah.. What qualifies me to help these people? What qualifies me to serve the person who atoned for all of my sins? I felt that I frankly had nothing to contribute to them. 

Sunday morning rolled around, and we sat down in Sacrament and I closed my eyes, and very silently told Heavenly Father that I was really in need of some reassurance that I was okay to be wearing his Begotten Son's name, and that I was capable of being a vessel for him. Moments after I ended my prayer, and opened my eyes. Our bishop came to the pulpit and said "Wow, and welcome to all our visitors who just came in!" My comp. looked behind us, and said "What the, who are all these people?" Slowly, I turned around to see my dear family from Paita filling the seats of the congregation in Capullanas. It was an immediate and exact assurance that Heavenly Father had been aware of me this whole week, that he loved me, and frankly I have no words to describe how grateful I am for my dear family traveling through where I was, and stopping to see me. It was a very real first hand experience - that God is so aware of us as we go through our struggles, and he doesn't want to rescue us until we have stretched as far as we can go. 

Later that day, we taught a lesson to a woman who very distinctly and uniquely voiced the same feelings I had earlier in the week. That she was feeling inadequate, and that she needed someone to love her. I was like PICK ME! I knew how she was feeling, because I had experienced the same thing just moments earlier. It was really special. In the long run, that's really all I can give, love! 

I have learned a lot this week about myself, and about the way that Heavenly Father works. He is so personally involved in the details of our lives, orchestrating and organizing the perfect combination of moments for us to come to him. And if we just love him, that is enough. I know that I have many weaknesses, that have become very apparent to me on my mission, but I also know that God loves us because we are his, and because of who he is, not because of anything we did or didn't do. Trials are no fun sometimes, but I am very very grateful for them. Because for just a few moments we get to feel just a glimpse of what our Savior felt in Gethsemane for us that day. 

I love you all! Thank you for all your love and support!

Hermana Brown

Name tag beach pic.....
Aush and one of her little friends....
A for reals letter from Peru....
In case you want to come over for a little scratch and sniff....

Her Zone in Capullanas

No comments:

Post a Comment