Sunday, December 11, 2016

it's just my luck....

I am not going to lie to you......I am coming off one of the worst nights of my life. I have a very difficult time sleeping. It is not uncommon for me to take 2 or 3 hours to fall asleep. I do get a lot of thinking done....and a lot of planning for things that just don't matter. I have decorated other siblings house and many other ridclious  things in my brain during those hours. I listen to countless hours of snoring and pratice patience of not hitting someone and making them turn over. I usually knock out some time in the 1 am hour.
So...last night I was so rudely awaken at 2:17 am by this jerk pictured. It is not the first time that he has cried wolf in the middle of the night either....this is probably the 7th or so time since living here....always in the wee hours of the morning.....I am sure it is evil and plans it.  I was woken from a deep sleep to the alarms in the whole house going off...could there be a worse feeling? Oh my gosh...the house is on fire and we are all going to die! It is comforting to me to know that my kids will just sleep thru the smoke alarms going off.....if there really was a fire they are going to die...but I guess since this system has cried wolf so many time they simply do not believe it and try to ignore it. It went off for about 20 minutes before stopping. What the heck....we could not figure out which alarm was causing the problem...deep in my heart I knew which one it was...the one that is on the 18 foot vaulted ceiling!

We had a 10 minute break from the alarms before they started again. I stood under the culprit that was now flashing red continuously....yep I was right...the one that we can NEVER reach. To make matters worse I did not have any batteries to replace it with. Why in the world would the builder of the house put the alarm there anyway...it was a mean and cruel joke. They probably put it in and stood back and had a good chuckle over it...hey...look where I put the alarm....haha....how are they gonna reach that??? I wish I could be a fly on the wall when it goes off!!! I am pretty sure that was the conversation. A few years back I put 10 year batteries in all the alarms...what a joke they are....haha on us!
So......This is how we reached the alarm to disarm it. Kitchen table...ladder and Kendall on the second highest rung...a picture of safely for sure...but whatyagonnado? I was pretty sure the Bullocks would frown on us borrowing their ladder at 3 am. Why do I have to be so cheap? I just need to suck it up and buy a ladder. Kendall disconnected the alarm from the wire and it shut the house one's off...but this little sucker kept squawking until we ripped his little battery out!
I was pretty sure the dog was going to have a heart attack...he is a old man at 16 and he can't take such stress. I am confidant he shed half his fur last night from anxiety.  It took him a good 3 hours after the incident to calm down.

Let this be a lesson to you all and change your alarm batteries to avoid a similar situation.

Anyway.....I am hoping for a better nights sleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Oylh my I am laughing so hard right now😂😂😂 at least you have on we haven't had one for about 7 years. And we only have one downstairs. Not going to do alot of good if the upstairs catches on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Mindy - sorry, I am laughing too! Dollie hides if ours goes off, always in the wee hours too! Any way you can by pass the one on the vaulted ceiling all together? I'm sure Buddie is still sleeping this morning while you are tending littles! Maybe you will get a early start this evening! Anyway, you made my Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete