Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Currently looking for a snowcone shack......

So....about 14 years back I placed a ban on all my children to attend the Festival of Trees. They were absolutely terrible at the event and we always ended the event with them crying and me super mad because I did not get to see everything that was there. This year I lifted the ban and invited the kids. I figured they were old enough to behave and not complain. Aushlynn is a little miffed that the ban was lifted while she was on her mission....she says it was an apostasy.....haha. Well, the ban is back in place because kids and husbands kept skipping trees and going to fast. They made me look at the gingerbread houses thru two layers of people. Also they made me skip the quilts entirely and marathon race thru the little trees, table toppers and the wreaths....and to top it all off...nobody would wait in line for me to get a scone...Aushlynn promised to go with me next year and that we would look at everything and have the full Festival of Trees experience. I love that girl...not sure I believe her...but I love her! Here is what's happening in her little world.

Hey Family! 

How’s everybody in the 801? Here in the 073 is HOT HOT HOT! I’m Literally sweating my buns off out here. I know back home you guys are all bundling up by the fire and roasting chestnuts and well I’m out here just looking for a snow cone shack which by the way doesn’t exist here :) 

This last week was my companions second to last week in the mission! It has been so crazy! We are trying to get every bit of Peru in before she leaves! This means we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get everything we need to get done, done! We are packing her things... saying goodbye to her other areas... getting goodbye notes off to everybody she has ever came in contact with.... and also trying to get her ready to go back into the real world! Man if i didn’t love this girl some of these things would be really annoying ha ha! 

As for something about the gospel. This week I have been reading and studying the story of Abraham in Genesis and I came across something that I really liked. In Genesis chapter 18 it is talking about when the 3 holy men go to Abraham and tell him that his wife Sara would give birth to Isaac. Well during this time Sara was about 100 years old so she didn't believe it. So she went in the tent and started to laugh because she thought that they were crazy (verse 12) but in the next verse is the teaching that I really liked. Verse 14 says, "Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." That question got to me. Sara was 100 years old basically and it was impossible for her to have a son but there is nothing too hard for the Lord!! If there is anything that we can realize in this life is that nothing is too hard for the Lord and that through our faith and our obedience to his laws and commandments all things are possible. Not only did Sara give birth but she gave birth to a son who would be a huge part in completing the promise that Christ made with Abraham. Nothing is too hard for the Lord and if we look to Him in all things he will direct us and guide us back to our Heavenly home. He will not allow us to fall because He loves us. 

7 Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, that the field is white already to harvest; wherefore, thrust in your sickles, and reap with all your might, mind, and strength.
8 Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness.
 9 Yea, open your mouths and spare not, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your backs, for lo, I am with you.
 10 Yea, open your mouths and they shall be filled, saying: Repent, repent, and prepare ye the way of the Lord, and make his paths straight; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand; 

D&C 33: 7-10

Well that is just about how I want to explain this week. We as missionaries don't have control of how many people accept this message, we don't have control of how many people go to church and we sure don't have control of how many people accept being baptized but we sure as heck do have control over one thing and that is how many people will hear this message. There are many responsibilities that we must complete to be true representatives of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ but if we have any sort of desire to complete with His will we must be willing to share what we know with everyone. Young or Old, Male or Female, from whatever religion or background they may come from we must present every soul with the opportunity to accept this message in their lives so that they too can reach this fullness of joy that we have experienced through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

There is going to be many changes in the mission after this year is done and all I can say is that I am ready to put gods will in front of mine and give my all to my lord and savior Jesus Christ to bring souls unto him and his gospel. I know the battle will be up hill but once I get to the top and look back I know I will be able to say I gave it my all and my savior is pleased with my work!

Love you all! 

Hermana Brown

 Hermana Brown and Hermana Glunt and a friend
This family had not had water for weeks. It had just turned on when we arrived...we proceeded to help them fill everything available to store water.

 She says that she is trying to quit....I am not sure it is working. She is just like her dad.
 Day of Service
 Primary Program
 #lighttheworld
 Grateful for the opportunities to serve

 Cute little family that she adores and loves!
 Killing flies at lunch...part of her lunch time routine....look at those razor sharp senses...I do think she will get it!
Her district in Capullanas....check out the matching skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment