Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Guinea Pig....Oh...Cuy!


Did another week just fly by or what? So much happened this week without her. We sold her favorite car.....I am pretty sure she is super upset about it....haha! We went to Mapleton days without her to watch the fireworks....which by the way were pretty amazing!!!  Aushlynn tells us that her mission is not going to be long enough....she feels she needs more time out there. Geez whiz girl....you haven't even hit hump day yet! Anyways she is doing good....here is her letter!

Hey guys! 

Welp....this week in Paita was just like any other week. Just a lot of work work and more work! There isn’t anything I’d rather be doing than this work right now. Honestly in these few short months I have been able to learn a totally different language, adjust to a whole different culture and gain a never shaking testimony of my savior Jesus Christ. I am forever grateful for this opportunity I have to serve my lord and savior Jesus Christ. I feel highly privileged to be able to wear my name tag and say that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. 

This week we didn’t see a wedding or a baptism. Our couple that was supposed to get married can’t get married until they settle something with the court so there wedding is currently pending. Also we have plans for Hermana Milagros to be baptized this upcoming Saturday. We are praying a lot for her because she is a little unsure about having a living prophet. Also we were able to take an investigator to another baptism that was happening and it was awesome! It changed her whole look on the church and now she is super excited to be baptized. We are shooting for the 14th! Also.... this wasn’t even my baptism and they just announce over the pulpit that I am leading the music ha ha I guess apparently they think cause I am Caucasian I can lead the music ha ha!

Also this week we have been practicing a musical number for a multi zone conference that we are having. I am super excited and it is sounding so good! We are going to be singing Be still my soul! It’s just 6 of us gringos. Also there is this Elder from Montana Elder Abbott that sings so goood! He is like David Archuleta like seriously. 

This week was kind of crazy as well. We didn’t have water for like 3 days... yanno... I’ve come to realize without water we would all die. Ha ha no but really It has been very rough. We also got invited to eat with a member on Saturday and we have RICE AND CUY!!!! ( GUINEA PIG) I about threw up... it was like a fried guinea pig... the whole thing... like they killed it and just fried it. I was trying so hard to get a picture but they were all watching ha ha oh my gosh... Also we are still getting up at 5:30 and playing soccer in the mornings! It’s fun to get out and play but also one Elder broke his foot so yikes.... I don’t know what’s going to happen with him.

Well... that’s all for this week! Thanks for all your love and support and I would love to hear from all of you!

Hermana Brown

Aushlynn and her companion and two little angels......she says they might look like angels but don't be fooled they really know how to turn it on.
Hermana Ramos is not a fan of 5:30 a.m. soccer games. Gotta get your exercise in some how!
Does this picture surprise anyone???
Since Aushlynn was not able to get a picture of her dinner....I took to the internet. I imagine her Guinea Pig dinner looked something like this. Apparently it is a delicacy in Peru and only brought out on special occasions. She must be pretty special to whom ever served it to her....even if it was a little hard to swallow. I might have died....

1 comment:

  1. I hope you sent Aush the picture you got off the internet! That was enough to make me gag!

    ReplyDelete