Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Woah..we're halfway there.......Woah...livin on a prayer......


Ok....nine months tomorrow......we are halfway tomorrow.....I can't believe it! Aushlynn's mission has flew by faster then her brother's ever did. Funny how that happens......I guess when we are looking at possibly the last missionary from our family....the last experience always passes by in a blurr.

So....Aushlynn started her letter out with a song from Bon Jovi....Livin on a Prayer.......we are cool parents making sure she knows the classics. Funny story...our family likes to karaoke. When Madi was little she would want to sing this song but she would always sing "Livin on a Prarie"......haha.....made me laugh when I saw the song and gave me a quick flash back........Aushlynn might be livin on a Prarie and a prayer.

She is doing awesome...in fact I think she might be coming off her best week of the mission.....I am sure she has a lot of best weeks...but this one will surely stand out. Here is what she had to say this week!

Ooooo were half way there... woah ooo livin on a prayer

Hola Familia!

If that caption wasn’t the truest thing I have ever written I don’t know what was. I can’t believe in 2 days I finish half my misiĆ³n! It has honestly been the fastest 9 months of my life! 

For the last 9 months I have served my Heavenly Father. I still remember when I received my call and opened up the envelope in the front room of my house ... and could not for the life of me pronounce the name. I imagined I was going to Machu Picchu or something like that and would be eating Mexican food for the following 18 months. After getting to Peru I realized that this was not the case. 

I landed in this beautiful desert scared to death and having no idea what I was getting into. I received my first comp, a latina, and could not speak to her whatsoever so I acted out everything. I stumbled over my words, trying to get to know the people who surrounded me … and literally felt alone and lost. But ... it is crazy how a land that was so unfamiliar and scary to me has come to be my home ... and is now filled with many people who I love and cherish. Learning to communicate with these loving people has been the hardest thing I have done in my life, but I can testify that the gift of tongues is real!

As the months have flown by, I have been through many ups and downs. I have laughed, cried, been rejected too many times to count, and have prayed harder than I ever have in my entire life. But now I have come to realize that a mission is meant to shape and form us into the sons and daughters of God that Heavenly Fathers sees us as. Every challenge has taught me something and formed me into the person I am today. A mission is not easy … but EVERY DAY is worth it!

This week we had the baptism for Hermana Milagros and Hermana Vanessa and Hermano Billy were able to get married and have their whole family be baptized!! We are definitely seeing so many blessings here in the branch Pescador! I have been teaching Hermana Milagros for the whole time I have been here in Paita! It took god putting a trial in her life to get her to realize that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that when we can’t do anymore for these people that I love so much that is when god steps in and works miracles!! 

YAY!!! I finally received my package... my zone leaders had to pull some strings to get it but I got it! Thanks to everyone who wrote me a birthday card! Also thanks mom and dad for hooking me up with lots of food! Hahaha that pickle chapstick is nasty!! 

We finally were able to get water back to our apartment. We are going to possibly start looking again for another place. We have a multizone conference coming up this Thursday. We are going to be singing in it. That same night we have a baptism scheduled for Hermana Veronica. Today for P-day we just went to the beach as a zone and played soccer and stuff! It was fun and relaxing! I am sure going to miss the beaches in Peru when I leave!

Well that is pretty much all for this week! I love you all and well ill see y’all in 9 months!;)

with lots of love Hermana Brown

Aushlynn and her Companion Hermana Ramos.
You haven't seen a self in awhile....in case ya'll have forgotten what I look like! I have a confession to make.....I opened my hump day package early....I had a feeling there was a new dress in there and I wanted a new one for the wedding. I love it.....it is my favorite dress now!!!
Thanks for all the Birthday cards....they are the best!
Hermana Brown and Hermana Vanessa after Vanessa's wedding.
Aushlynn and Hermana Milagros before her baptism.
Hermana Milagros and her mom and baby at her baptism
Hermana Milagros at her baptism
So they had a youth cultural night in our branch and these are two of the people that danced. This is Moises....he is leaving tomorrow for his mission to Chile!
 
Youth culture night dancer.
Seeing the people I have grown to love all in WHITE is the best feeling!
At the wedding of Vanessa and Billy. Congratulations!!! Such a beautiful day!
I seriously love Paita so much!!!
So I tried taking a cool picture...but the water was gonna ruin it......so we had to take it fast........I did my best! I ♡ my Family!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this girl just melts my heart! She has grown so much, experienced things we can only dream about, been tried and tested, blessed and cared for. Seen miracles, and sown seeds. Like Seuss said Oh the places we'll go!" Happy Birthday and Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete