Sunday, September 27, 2015

63 Miles to Nowhere

I will do just about anything for my kids.  This includes driving them around on a Friday night, you know because I have nothing else better to do. Me and Kendall were watching a show when the request came......"Mom, can you drive us to the Crazy Corn Maze in West Jordan and then pick us up in a few hours"? Well, I think that I can handle this request.  It is about 10 minutes from home...fast and I will be right back.
 
I really should have went to the bathroom before I ever got in the car.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I ran to the car...no shoes or purse.  I asked Madi in the car if she had money.  Yes she did.  Phew, I don't need my purse...lets get the show on the road.  After picking up and additional friend, we were on our way.  When we almost get there it is discovered that the Corn Maze is not even haunted until next week.  Can you believe that?  No use in going to a corn maze when it is not haunted.  Now, in my personal opinion is that this would be a perfect time to go...no scariness...good friends...perfect.  No!  These ladies want to be scared!  BOO! 
 
After a lengthy discussion amongst themselves, and 10 minutes of driving around later it is determined that they want to go to the Nightmare on 13th.  Okay, this is downtown.  I told them, I would take them there, but was not about to hangout downtown for a few hours and I did not want to have to pick them up.  Calls were made and it was agreed another parent would pick them up when they were done.  I remember asking them if they had enough money..... of course they did.  They had plenty.
 
Well, we set off for the freeway and made our way downtown.  I had Madi call Kendall and let him know what was going on and that I would be home later. Twenty minutes later we arrived.......before I drop them off, I want to make sure they have enough money....Mom's are so embarrassing.  Long story short is that they were $2 short.  You have go to be kidding me!  Why I ever trusted 10th graders with money math I will never know.  Now, remember me telling you earlier that I did not bring my purse.  Yeah, we drove downtown for nothing.  One of the girls wanted to ask a complete stranger for the money...no way.  I told them maybe we could just try again next week.
 
We headed back home......Picked up Toni and then I taught the kids the Toni Chest Nut song..(Toe Knee Chestnut song) It was really a Win, Win for them!  I am pretty sure that I an now on youtube with my song singing ability!
 

1 comment: