Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Oh man......I miss her today!


I thought that I was doing ok with this girl being gone.  It turns out that I miss her more than I thought.  I was loading her pictures that she sent and when I got to really look at them good....I just started missing her....like crazy crazy.........A few tears might have slipped out.....I will neither confirm or deny it...I guess that is how it goes when you are a missionary momma. Now see what I have done.... I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes before I can finish this post!
 
Alrighty...I have pulled it together (maybe) and will finish this up. Here is a fun factoid for you. Aushlynn has been serving for 197 days....on Saturday she will hit the big 200! It always makes me feel better when I can cross off a big milestone. Ya know! So...She sent quite a few pictures.  Here is her week.
 

Hey Mommy and Daddy!
 
Well this week was sure interesting. I didn’t know that when I came to Chulucanas that this is what I was going to be getting myself into. I not going to lie this has been my hardest area / trial on my mission so far. Sometimes I think I’m in Peru... On a mission... Speaking Spanish... and sometimes it doesn’t even seem real. I have done things that I never thought I could do and I have seen things that maybe not many people in their life time will see and well somehow through all this madness I am grateful for it all. I am grateful I am here. I am happy I am here. I wouldn’t be out here if it wasn’t what the lord wanted. I know this is what the lord wants for my life. I know these trials and these challenges are for a purpose and it’s just preparing me for the battle ahead... the rest of my life. This mission is setting the foundation for the rest of my life and for that I am ever grateful. 
 
This week we traveled to Piura twice. I am not a really big fan of buses so I wasn’t very happy about this. My companion has been a little sick. The first trip we made we went to the clinic and it was closed. I then started to get a little irritated. We went to the emergency section and they were able to help us. BLESSING. They were able to get her some medications and send us on our way. We also made an appointment for the next day. :))))) This is a sarcastic smile. My companion was able to get medical treatment and some testing the next day. I have been praying every night to find ways to help her. I have been trying to read in preach my gospel the section about Christ like attributes. I have been trying to work on my patience and my charity and love. I know this something that I need to work more on. Jesus Christ was a great example of this. I hope to one day have the patience love and charity that he did. I know that if we all strive to have more Christ like love eventually we will able to obtain it. 
 
This week with our investigators was interesting. We didn’t have a lot of visits this week because of our situation but we were able to find a new family to teach. They are awesome! They are super willing to listen to us and take into consideration all that we had to say. They have 4 kids that are all over the age of 8 so that’s awesome as well. I am hoping that we get to continue to teach them more. Also we were able to teach a girl named Katy. This is the first time I had got to teach her but she is an investigator my companion had with her other companion. I was able to teach her the plan of salvation. After we taught this lesson she told us that she had felt a special spirit that she had never felt before and after she was able to open up to us and share her life story about her family. At this time in her life she needed this message the most and I was grateful that I was able to teach her that day.
 
This week we also had a multi zone conference in Piura! In this multi zone they talked a lot about the fundamentals of this gospel. The faith... and the scriptures. I was very grateful that this was what the topic was. I know that it was inspired. I know this is what I was lacking. My faith had grown weary and well I felt like I was just reading my scriptures but not getting very much out of them. President talked about how faith is a very basic fundamental in this gospel but without it us as members cannot receive revelation. I really loved all the talks that were given that day. Also one Elder that I look up to a lot ( Elder Gandarillas ) He gave this farewell testimony. I felt the spirit super strong. He is such a great missionary and one day hope to have as strong as testimony as him.
 
On Sunday during sacrament meeting the missionaries sang a musical number. Come thou fount. It was really good and the members loved it. I felt like I was singing a solo up there. Ha Ha.
 
Well this is all for this week. I am super excited and optimistic for this next week. I know with a good attitude that good things will happen. Thanks for all your prayers. I hope all this well back home and can’t wait to hear from all of you next week :)
 
Con amor
 
Hermana Brown
 
Hermana Brown is a babe magnet......she loves littles!
She is her Father's Daughter!  They both have an unhealthy addiction to this stuff! Here is the unfair part. Both her and her dad can fall asleep with in a minute of laying down! What the heck.....it is so unfair......I so much as sip the stuff and I am not falling asleep until at least 2 AM!
Hermana Brown, Hermana Llontop and Presidente Rasmussen. She loves Presidente but.....She said it was either a good picture of him or a good picture of her....she chose wisely I see. (It's how I would have chosen) I am not sure whose sweet hog is in the background....maybe it is Presidentes'....haha!
Aushlynn's District
Hermana Brown and Hermana Martinez....She says who really looks like the Mom here. Hermana Martinez was her trainer.
The Sisters in her Zone.
Zona Miraflores
They can't be serious all the time.....gotta have a little fun every now and again!
Practice makes Perfect.....
She must be thinking....I hope were not having chicken and rice for lunch again!!!!
Another one of her district.
One last time with the selfie sick....why does one person always have to ruin a perfectly good photo?? What's more important....talking to the only other Elder in the photo or getting a good picture for memories??? Sheesh! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment