Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Hiking to Cataratas Caracucho

Good Morning all.  Sorry to hold on to this letter for so long.  I have been meaning to get it up, but we have been in crisis mode at our house.  Our basement flooded when we turned the sprinkler system on for the year.  I have been dealing with that instead of making this blog post a priority. Please forgive me!
 
So first of all....it was so awesome to talk to Aushlynn on Mother's Day!  She looked so amazing! To bad that my pictures of her on the Skype call did not turn out so good.  Her eyes were always shut. Ugh....I tried! She is doing great.  She got her package on Saturday and was super grateful for it.  She enjoyed the letters and pictures and it could not have came at a better time.  She had requested lemonheads and I being a awesome mom opted to send a bag instead of a box.  Well, during our call she proceeded to eat half the bag! Haha....well maybe not half....but she was enjoying them.  We had fun times talking to her.  One time during the call we started to get pixelated on her end......she yelled.....everyone off the wifi!  Haha... this is a inside joke because we have heard Kendall say it for the last 4 years during our missionary Skype calls! Since Dyllon is in Italy on vacation we had him facetime in.  For some reason we could not get a 3 way Skype call to work.....I think it was because Dyllon was on his iphone or something...anyway it was great for the whole family to get caught up!
 
She is doing well....she has moved on from last week and is going strong. Her is her letter. 
 
Hey Guys!
 
Well it was so so so good to skype with you guys yesterday! Honestly it could not have come at a better time. One thing that I have learned here in the mission is that all we have in the end is our family and I am so grateful for the family that I have! I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and to know that I will be able to live with my family forever because of the decision you guys made to get sealed in the temple!
 
Well this week was kind of hectic! We were able to find 3 new people to teach. One lady is a reference from one of the members here in Chulucanas! We are hoping that she starts to progress and is able to come to church with us this next week! The other two are in Morrapon! The daughter is a member but the mom and sister are not! We are beginning to teach them :) I hoping these people really have an open heart and a real desire to follow Christ. 
 
We had a zone meeting in Piura on Saturday! Man I always love those things. They are always so uplifting and full of the spirit. One thing that I took away from the meeting is that we need to humble ourselves and give our whole self to this work. That the person that needs to be converted the most is our selves. That to become a true disciple of Christ we need to forget ourselves and love and serve others. I find myself the happiest when I am serving and helping others. This is true Christ like love. 
 
We went hiking for p day!! YAY FINALLY!! The hike wasn’t too bad and the waterfall was absolutely beautiful. We went as a district. Hermana Thomas and Hermana Sukati slept over as well. Little to say it was a party! The waterfall was so peaceful and well I was so wishing that I could have just dove in!! I am so totally wiped out right now ha ha. I have lots of pictures don’t worry! :)
 
Well that is it for this week. I am so grateful for all your love and support back home. I am praying for you all daily and hope all is well! I love you all!! :)
 
Hermana Brown
Aushlynn at the waterfall sporting her new Broncos shirt....loud and proud! The hike was so very fun! The waterfall was amazing!! :))
Hermana Thomas and Hermana Brown were the first to hit the waterfall!
Elder Arrington at the waterfall.
The start of the hike. I am assuming the waterfall is called Cataratas Caracucho. I could be wrong, but I am going with it. (that is a lot of A's in the name!)
Awesome tree that they passed on the hike.
Hermana Brown and Hermana Martinez!
Hermana Brown and Hermana Llontop looking fabulous in Peru!
Feliz Dia Mama!  This was at a Mother's Day celebration at the church!
Aushlynn joking to her companion that she has two singles brothers!
Her eyes are shut...but she looks really really good! There is something about talking to your missionary on Skype.  They just seem to have a special glow about them.  It must be the light of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment