Thursday, January 5, 2017

I am a slacker

I have been terrible at putting up Aushlynn's letters lately. I am going to get the last few weeks up soon. I am sorry...I have been lazy....had time off and...well it was just a snow ball effect.

In Missionary news...our girl did not feel so well....she is worried she has Dengue.....she has been getting eaten alive by mosquitos lately no matter how much repellent her slathers on...:( she cut her email time short so she could go lay down and rest. Please keep her in your prayers.

Hey guys!! 

Well lets just say Satan has really started attacking the missionaries here in Piura...... WITH THIS HEAT WEVE BEEN HAVIN! Holy cow.. my laundry lady is getting all mad that I got so many clothes but its not even my fault. Literally sweat from every pour. No big deal. 
Okay..... so first week with my mini missionary was good. Rumor is true she is very shy and well has yet to speak in a lesson. I literally have no voice. Little by little though. She has never even been out with the sister missionaries before so that's cool. She told me the first day that she didn't really have a desire to serve a mission but after this week she is now thinking she wants to serve one! She is super sweet. 
HAPPY NEW YEAR OR FELIZ AÑO NUVEO! Wow so this was my 2nd New Year's here and let me just tell you that I don't even want to be in Peru again over this holiday..... haha but for real. We were invited to dinner with a member family that I love!!! This family is the BEST!! Then we got to our room and waited up till 12 to see all the fireworks. It was cool for 5 minutes until all the smoke from all the junk they burn here started getting in our room and there was a party outside our room and it was like Justin Beiber had a concert out there. The music was soooooo loud and they didn't stop the party until 6:30 in the morning! I didn't sleep a wink. Long story short I totally was out in sacrament meeting. 
So rumor has it that we have a new schedule as missionaries.... well SPOILER ALERT RUMORS TRUE! 
We wake up at 7:30 instead of :630 now. 
from 7:30-10 we have to study personally and eat breakfast and shower. 
from 10am-10:30pm we are to be outside our rooms preaching! Our old schedule we could only be out until 9:30.
We need to study our language and comp study outside in parks. We have 30 minutes for lunch and an hour for dinner. 
That's the gist of it. 
Its kind of weird studying in parks but I know we will see miracles! This week we were able to find 7 people to teach and had lots of help from the members! It was a good week! We have a baptism coming up on the 14th! :)
Well I hope all is well and that everyone  had a great new years! This is 2017! New year, New me! Love you all!
Hermana Brown

Hermana Brown and her mini Missionary Hermana Chiroque
Pedicures on P-day

No comments:

Post a Comment