Friday, September 9, 2016

How's the water??? Where's the water????


Hey Peeps....I am so sorry to have not posted this letter until now.  I have been feeling a little lazy this week and did just not get around to it until now.  I am sorry.....I know how much some of you look forward to reading this update. Anyway...guess who only has 234 more days in her mission??? Can you believe that...her time is just flying by.  Aushlynn also confessed to me that she opened her birthday dress.....the little stinker!  She said that she was tired of wearing the same thing day in and day out.  Oh my goodness she took like 42 different skirts.....what she has "had" to wear each one like 8 times...haha! Well, I guess somebody is not going to have anything to open on her birthday!  Augh...maybe I will have to send something!  You know me! Well, here is her letter for the week...
 

Hey Fam bam!
Welp… another week has past and gone! First off I just want to go off on a little rant about my companion Hermana Thomas! Honestly I am sooooo grateful for her! I know we were put together at this time in our lives for a reason! She is honestly one of my bestest friends. We just get each other! She is always helping me to be a better person and also a better missionary. I’ve learned so much from her for it just being 2 weeks! 
Anyways, this week we found a boy named Percy. He is 21 and is from Lima. He left his home when he was 14 years old. Percy and his family are atheists but he doesn’t have contact with his family. He is only renting a room here in Paita so we had a lesson with him in the church. It’s so sad because he doesn’t know who god is... but he wants to know him. He listened to our message with his full attention and at the end we asked him to pray if these things were true and that if he would be baptized on the 30th. He told us he had never prayed before but accepted. His prayer was the most sincere prayer I have ever been a part of. He asked to know if he was really there and that he wanted to feel loved and feel like a son to god. Of course my mom gave the water works gene and so I was bawling. I had never felt the spirit so strongly with an investigator. He accepted a date to be baptized and will continue to teach him! Also Walter is continuing to read the Book of Mormon but is still praying to know if he should be baptized. We have a girl named Katy we are teaching but she needs to be married before she can be baptized we are working with her to get married!! :) I’ve sure seen a lot of miracles and ways that this gospel blesses the lives of people here in Paita! 
So this past week we have had water for like 2 days in our apartment. Okay.... this is not okay Hermana Brown ca not live like that. Apparently I’m high maintenance because water is optional.. Oh wait.. no it’s not. YOU NEED WATER TO LIVE!!! Haha we had a zone service project painting a house and afterwards we got to our apartment to find we had no water... what. We were covered in paint.. we went out that day covered in paint... the next day was zone meeting and still no water... we were so nasty... so we took one of our drinking waters and made our own shower and were able to at least wash our hair... after that day we had water for a couple hours and then it got cut off again... I know you all are thinking… how is she even living???... well today... MONDAY! THE WATER WAS TURNED BACK ON AND I WAS ABLE TO HAVE A NICE ICEY SHOWER :D…. you would think that after all that time they would have made a hot water option but no... I know I’m just as disappointed as you guys are!
Today we had a bbq with our zone at the beach! Yanno the whole stuff 16 people in a minivan and drive an hour to the beach :) I’m pretty much use to the smell of B.O now... lol. We just took pictures... played soccer and Elder Abbott brought his guitar and we played songs and sung. I got thinking that I am really gonna miss Peru when I have to leave. The beach is so quiet and calm and I love it. There is no place I would rather be then here. Despite all the things I’ve gone through I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything. I love this gospel. I love the Peruvian people and I love my Heavenly Father!
Con mucho amor
 Hermana Brown

Aushlynn and Mr. Crabs....he is taking the discussions in this photo and thinking about baptism in the ocean.
Hermana Brown and Hermana Thomas
Ummm....I think somebody needs to scrub her name badge......
P-day at the beach. They had a BBQ of hot dogs and hamburgers.
Aushlynn and her "shower" to wash her hair...the poor girl.
Hey.....Peace out....until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment