Friday, October 9, 2015

Best Days....

The day started out just like other......work, school and kids arriving at 7am to add to the chaos which is my life.  But, today was anything but ordinary, today was special and we knew it.  Today is the day Aushlynn is going through the Temple.  While she was at work, I being the most awesome mom ever did her ironing.  Just let me get this out there in the open......I am NOT an ironing model.  Poor Kendall did not know what he was getting into when he married me, but a lover of no wrinkles is not me.  Let's just say if it needs to ever be ironed, it is not the fabric for me and I will choose something else.  If someone in my family picks an article of clothing that needs ironing... they are pretty much on there own or at the mercy of their father.  Anyway, today I made an exception to my ironing rule and iron Aushlynn's temple dress. I cried......surprise.....I am not sure I was crying be cause I was actually ironing....or because I was ironing her Temple dress and what that meant.  It could have been a little of both.
 

Aushlynn chose to go through the Draper Temple.  This is a temple that I have never taken the opportunity to go to before so it was new for all of us.  It is a beautiful Temple, especially when it is lit up at night.  The view of the valley is amazing!  I could just sit there for hours and look out from the skyline.


Me and Aush had to arrive a little earlier than everyone else so we were able to get a picture with just us.  She ruined all of them by closing her eyes.  Haha!  We did get this one, with a bride and groom in the background.  I guess that is what you get when you have a sweet old lady take your picture.

 
The Temple was amazing! Aushlynn was a radiant princess.  This is what she wrote on her facebook page about it. "Going through the temple tonight with beloved family and friends was such an amazing experience 💗 " Seriously, I am so lucky that I get to be her mom. I am so glad that she had an amazing experience. She is just awesome.  I have to say that this is the best day as a parent!  I have had three of them so far. It is awesome to be in the temple with my children.  It is the BEST FEELING EVER!
 
 
I found this little treasure on my windshield of the car when I left. It was pretty sweet to get it.  What a great reminder for those who are looking forward to the temple.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your Bishop took you up to the prayer circle, we needed a few more boy family members, didn't we? It was a wonderful experience, and Grandpa and I are so glad we could be there too. As you said last night, "One more to go!" Love you all!

    ReplyDelete