Saturday, July 17, 2010

Camping

There are a few things in life that I dislike. Most of them include either onions, mushrooms or peppers, (no fajitas for me....ew..) traveling in the car or camping. We went on a family vacation to Denver and on our way back we stayed at Arches...........CAMPING!!!
















Now, don't get me wrong. Nature can be beautiful when viewed from afar or in pictures. I just don't like to be in it. Especially when I have to sleep in it. It is dirty, full of bugs and HOT as 50 hecks!















And it smells super bad at times. Have you ever had to use one of these at 3:00 a.m. in the night with a flashlight? NOT FUN! I guess that I should not have drank 3 water bottles in the night. But, honestly I thought that I was going to die of dehydration because of the heat. I had.....I mean really had to go........I had no choice. I really did think about a bush.....but then I scratched that idea. Did you know that bugs in the night are attracted to light. They were attacking me! Assaulting me really!















We were right on the Colorado river. It was pretty and sounded nice. (that was until I had to go then it sounded like torture)
















This is one of the pictures that I took from the campsite.
















This is where I slept.......or at least attempted it. A tent.........I know! I am super brave. It was seriously at least 90 degrees. I don't know how Kendall fell asleep so fast. He was like......I am tired.....I am going to sleep now and then..........ZZZZ.....SNORE.....HONK...(insert semi's shifting down the highway noise here!) It was pretty much the worst night of my life! The kids complained for hours and then finally fell asleep........How they did it I don't know?? I think I finally passed out of heat exhaustion around 4:30 am.

I think that I have camped enough for my lifetime!
I think that I will stick to the Hiltons next time around! Now that is my kind of camping......with a bed and a pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment