Friday, November 20, 2015

Peru CCM Part Deuce...


Sorry I am a little late posting this....my little's have kept me super busy this week. She is doing awesome!  She even received the package that I sent to her.....she did forget her camera charger after all and I had good reason to send one to her.  I have a problem with sending a not full package.....it goes against all I stand for....so she was a lucky girl and received lots of love from home.  It only took 3 days shipping and $63 to get it to her! Anyway...... here is what Aushlynn had to say about week two in the CCM.
 
Hola from beautiful Lima, Peru!

Oh wait… I'm enclosed in these things called walls that are like 10 feet tall but its esta bien! This week I felt like the days just dragged on but as I look back it went by so fast.

We just got back from the temple and it was so awesome! It’s so cool that even though it is in Spanish the spirit is always the same! That is a little tender mercy.

The food here is same ole same ole. Pretty bland and the juice here keeps getting less flavorful! Yikes. I’ve been eating some pretty weird food here which probably comes as a surprise but when in Peru you just got to try everything.

The classes this week seemed to just drag on for hours. We taught a lot of lessons this week to our investigators and the first few were kinda rough but as we learn more Spanish the spirit just picks up where we leave off and it’s so nice.

Physical activity is my most favorite time of day because we actually get to play outside and not sit in a boring classroom. We usually play volleyball but this week we mostly played football. All the boys are pretty impressed that I could actually throw or catch a ball they threw. I and an Elder McKamey made a great team! We also worked out on a Peruvian gym lol it’s more like a playground but its whatever.

I love Sundays here. We just got to our regular Sunday meetings and then watch movies all day it was so nice. We got to even watch Meet the Mormons which was like the real world. The food is always better on Sundays as well because all the higher up people eat lunch and dinner there lol.

All my snacks that I brought are the hype here at the CCM! Everyone wants my food. It’s crazy. I got really close to some of the Latinas that just left yesterday. They all thought I was either Barbie or a princess. That’s what everyone calls me here lol. Also some of the Latinos got my email from other people so I’m kind of scared to see what I get. The boys in my district told me a couple days ago that some of the Latinos really admired me and thought I was the prettiest girl they had ever seen, hah I’m all the hype here and its whatever.

The new American missionaries got here today so hopefully I will get a chance to meet them and give them some advice on the CCM even though I don’t know much myself.

Oh also did I mention someone told someone that I sing and I had to sing in sacrament with one other sister. It went well but curse whoever said anything ha ha.

Well that was pretty much my week. I was missing mom a lot this week but I know I’m where I’m supposed to be! I love you all.
 
Love, Hermana Brown

Aushlynn was asked what the highlight of her week was and she said this: Probably testimony meeting Sunday night! I feel like our district got so much closer and hearing others testimonies definitely strengthens mine.


Hermana Brown and her District at the CCM. They get to visit the temple once a week on their P-Day. What a blessing! Also, notice the icky brown missionary shoes that I insisted that she take that she told me she would never wear! Already wearing them on week two! HAHA!  Mom's know best!
Hermana Brown and Sisters from her District in front of the Lima Peru Temple.
Getting Ready for lights out after a long day of studying.
Hermana Brown and her Selfies!
Poor Elder McKinney....it looks like he was just trying to find a peaceful spot to rest and relax....instead Hermana Brown and Hermana Moffeit interrupted his zen.
 
Hermana Brown and her CCM companion Hermana Pay in front of the Lima Peru Temple.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see the pictures. She and Hermana Pay sure are beautiful girls! Looks like she is having a ball!

    ReplyDelete