Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tramp Night




It started out as a joke. Me and Kendall were sitting in the living room and I blurted out the phrase, "Hey, do you want to sleep on the tramp tonight?" I was totally kidding, but to my surprise Kendall said YES! Then he said, you know that I love to go camping for Father's Day! I thought, do I really want to do this? If I do, I don't want to end up the lowest point on the trampoline and covered by kids.It was then that we started to make plans to sneak out to the backyard after the kids fell asleep.





First off, what kind of supplies were we going to need? I instantly wanted the blow up bed, Kendall said NO way. Bummer! I then settled for the egg crate mattress pad and a sleeping bag. This was for under me. I wanted my 2 pillows, sheet and 2 blankets from the bed. I like to sleep with real sleeping equipment. We need to scope out the location of the egg crate and the sleeping bag in the garage, but the kids were lurking nearby. How were we going to get the supplies with out the kids getting suspicious? Excuses were made as to why we were in the garage. I distracted the kids by the side road and Kendall ran and threw the 2 sleeping bags and the mattress over the fence to the side yard so we could access them later in the night. We are so sneaky!





Of course, no plan can ever go off with out a hitch. We had rented the movie "Gone" to watch in our room while the kids fell asleep. One of the main problems that we had is that our kids never want to go to sleep at night. They never fall asleep until at least mid-night. Now, Madison had gone to Seven Peaks earlier in the day with her friend Lana. I had sent a whole bottle of sunscreen with her.........to bad that she did not use it. She had a mild case of sun stroke and wanted to sleep on my floor with my 2 blankets. This was okay during the movie, but I needed those blankets for my camp out! Some how, we were able to get Madison in her own room after our movie. After waiting for about 15 minutes she was asleep. YES! I was pretty confident that all the other kids were slumbering in there beds.





We made a break for it. Me with 2 pillows and a sheet and a blanket in tow. Kendall with his pillow and the other blanket. He had earlier went and set the egg crate and sleeping bags up on the tramp, so all that I had to do was make the bed and get in. I had several thoughts running through my mind. 1) I should have worn socks. 2) Madison is going to wake up in the middle of the night and freak out that she can't find us. 3) I hope that I am warm enough!





It was a beautiful night. We were able to see the stars. We each named a start for each other. Kendall named a star "Beautiful" after me, and I named one "Honey Bunches of Oats" after him. Now, I am never one that can just fall asleep, I have way to many thoughts that run through my head to fall asleep. Kendall on the other hand can shut his eyes and be snoring in under a minute. It amazes me how fast he can knock out. It really is no fair. After about and hour or trying to find a comfortable position, one if which my back was not killing me, I see that Madison's bedroom light pops on. Of course, I immediately wake up Kendall to take care of the situation. He runs in the house and stays there for about 15 minutes. He comes back later and said that she must have gotten scared and turned on the light because she was asleep the whole time. He just left her light on and now I had another issue to deal with in falling asleep.





I finally knocked off to sleep. I woke up in the night and all the lights were on in the house, including my bedroom. Crap, I can just imagine Madison freaking out! I again wake up Kendall so that he can go in and take care of the problem. He goes in, and I lay there imaging the therapy that Madison is going to need after finding her parents missing from there room and nowhere to be found in the house in the middle of the night. Who knows how long the lights have been on? Kendall comes out about five minutes later. It turns out that it was Dyllon who turned on all the lights. He thought that we had been Kidnapped! He had gotten up for work at 4 am. He never comes in our room at that time, but this morning he needed sunscreen for Warp Tour! Great, I have scarred Dyllon right before he goes on his mission.





Well, anyway, it was a successful camp out. My bedding was all covered in dew and Kendall nearly froze his head. But, I can cross off camping from my list of things to do this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment